Specially developed for use as a pre-paint treatment to clean and brighten wood for Flood’sSpa-N-Deck wood finish it will also give excellent results with all other wood finishes.
Easy to use and economical pre-treatment solution for timber. Use prior to coating products such as Spa-N-Deck and all other out door timber finishes.
• Removes mill scale and rust stains from timber surfaces
• Removes dirt and grey from weathered timber without damaging the fibres
• Removes any residue left from Powerlift
• Does not contain bleach
• Helps to bring back the natural colour from greying timber
• Will not harm or damage surrounding plants or grass when diluted
• Concentrated, 1 litre mixed 50/50 with water makes 2 litres of cleaner
WoodPrep solution is a specially formulated detergent type cleaner for all timber. It prepares the substrate for all timber finishes including Spa-N-Deck 100% Acrylic Wood Finish.
WoodPrep is versatile enough to clean all types of soft and hardwood, as well as pressure treated pine. It also removes and cleans silver grey timber back to its original beauty without sanding. This product will remove mill scale and opens the pores of the timber to ensure penetration of the finish, especially Spa-N-Deck Ideal for both Trade & D.I.Y projects.
Yes, even to the degree with pressure treated timber unless the discolouration is from some treatment or finish used in the past that has permanently discoloured it.
Yes, but some stains may require undiluted treatment.
No, on new hardwood we recommend using Powerlift first, to remove tannins from the timber.
No, mould should be removed with a 50-50 solution of household bleach and water or ready to use and safer Mould Action from Flood, before using WoodPrep Solution treatment.
Proper surface preparation with Flood premium prep products is a critical step, whether refreshing an existing finish or prior to applying a new Flood or other wood finish. Removing dirt, grime, contaminants or previously coated wood deck, weatherboards, or wood fence stains and sealers will ensure a long-lasting finish for your wood surfaces.
• Wear chemical-resistant gloves, boots, safety goggles and protective clothing.
• Pre-wet plants and shrubs.
CAUTION: Surfaces are slippery when wet. Use caution when walking on wet surfaces during application.
TIP: Removing Mould and Mildew. To remove mould and mildew, scrub the surface with a mixture of 150ml. of non-ammonia detergent, one litre of household bleach and 3 litres of water (or similar proportions for smaller quantities). Let solution stand on surface for 10-15 minutes, and then rinse thoroughly. Repeat until mildew is completely removed.
Flood WoodPrep is a specially developed pre-paint treatment for Flood’s Spa-N-Deck 100% Acrylic wood finish. It will also give superior results on all other exterior wood.
NOTE: Do not mix Flood WoodPrep with chlorine bleach or other household cleaning products. To do so can result in release of highly toxic gases. Mix using only plastic containers in a well-ventilated area.
1. Cover any areas you wish to protect.
2. Sweep surface clean.
3. Wet surface with water.
4. Follow mixing instructions on the Flood WoodPrep label.
5. Apply a uniform coat of Flood WoodPrep/ water mixture with a garden sprayer, roller or nylon scrub brush.
6. For vertical surfaces, work from bottom to top.
7. Work into the wood with a nylon scrub brush. DO NOT use a wire brush.
8. Keep surface wet. Allow solution to stand 20-30 minutes.
9. Rinse surface and adjacent areas using highest pressure from a hose, or pressure wash between 500 - 1000 psi.
10. Allow wood to dry 48 hours before finishing unless you are using Flood’s Spa-N-Deck 100% Acrylic Wood Finish – see Spa-N-Deck application instructions.
Simply wash all tools in soap and water and rinse. Be sure to wash all drop cloths or tarps. The WoodPrep container is completely recyclable, for safe, environmentally-friendly disposal.
Flood WoodPrep: 1L, 4L, 10L