This stainless steel wire rope balustrade kit is very slimline, neat and aesthetically pleasing. This kit is for those who are looking to minimise balustrade wire fitting bulk.
DIY Install Instructions
- Using a 13mm countersink bit, countersink the posts for your threaded timber inserts
- Pre-drill your post holes for the threaded inserts using an 8mm drill bit.
- Drive the threaded inserts into the posts with a 6mm hex drive bit
- Insert the wire rope into the swage stud terminal ends at each end of your run.
- Crimp the swage terminals onto the wire. These fittings require the use of a hydraulic swaging tool. Alternately you opt for our Factory Swaging Service where we perform all the wire cutting and swaging.
- Insert the RHT swage stud terminal into the RHT Thread Timber Insert. Do vice versa for the LHT fittings. Thread with hands first and tension the swage stud terminals with a spanner multi tool or spanner.
Featuring this Swage Stud Terminal & Threaded Timber Insert system, below is a great example of how nature and architecture can blend seamlessly. A beautiful forest vista complemented by slimline stainless wire balustrading.
Click through to see the rest of the photos and blog post. Photos courtesy of our customers all the way from Minnesota USA.